Sound from Vista Media Center

Topics: Idea Requests
Sep 9, 2007 at 9:42 AM
I'd like to have sound from my TV card on Vista Media Center on every desktop.
I often have Media Center on separate desktop (where it is 'always on top') and during my work I would like to hear news from TV - and only switch to see the picture when there is something interesting.

I don't want to make Media Center window sticky - I don't need this window on my taskbar on every desktop.
It's quite interesting - because when I use foobar to listen music I have sound on every desktop. Only in Media Center it is only on that desktop which is active.

This problem exists in other virtual desktop software too - I have switched to your software because I thought it will work :)
Sep 12, 2007 at 2:36 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like this is a media center "issue". I don't think any virtual desktop program would allow it to work. Of course, it isn't really an "issue" from the media center design team point of view. They obviously didn't design it with virtual desktops in mind. It appears as if they programmed it to stop making sound whenever the window is hidden, which is what all Windows virtual desktop programs do to switch it to another desktop; I show the window again when you switch back to its desktop.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.