Screen flashes after resume

Topics: Problems
Oct 6, 2007 at 2:55 AM
I am using Vista Home Premium.

After installing this software, I've noticed that every time I resume from standby/hibernation, or log n from a locked desktop, the screen would flash 3 times before resuming normal functions. What it does is as follows:

1. After resuming, for about 1 second, everything appears normal, I can move the mouse and click things, and Vista's Aero theme works.

2. Then the screen would go blank, and come back with a screen with no Aero theme (borders are no longer transparent).

3. Then it would blink again, and come back with with the Aero theme. The contents of some of the windows would take about 2-3 seconds longer than the borders to come back.

This whole process takes about 5 seconds.

Before the Virtual Desktop Manager was installed, resuming was normal (only step 1 takes place). Somehow, the problem persists even after I've uninstalled Virtual Desktop Manager. I'm guessing that the software had changed something in the way the display driver behaves. If so, I'd love to know how to undo the changes.

Have any of you encountered this problem? If not, then I guess what I have may be related to something else....

PC specs:
Intel Due Core T2080, 2GB ram, Intel GMA 950 graphics chip.

Thanks!!
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2007 at 4:41 PM
I've never seen this, nor can I think of any way this is connected to VVDM. VVDM doesn't change any settings, especially on your driver. Perhaps Windows automatically installed a new update for your video card driver around the same time you installed VVDM? The only solution I can think of is to check for a new version of your video card.