Expose for all Desktops

Topics: Idea Requests
Oct 21, 2007 at 4:43 PM
I think a hotkey where I see all windows from all desktops is a great idea.
I hope you implement such a feature.

You do great work, I love this programm.
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2007 at 9:25 PM
Do you mean that it would move all windows to current desktop? Although I don't have a shortcut for that, you can turn on "per desktop system tray icons" and then right-click the tray icon for the current desktop and select "move all windows to current desktop." I will consider a more direct method of doing this for all desktops at once for a future version. It will probably be a menu item in the main menu rather than a full-out keyboard shortcut. Thanks for the suggestion.
Nov 2, 2007 at 9:38 AM
I mean a function where I see all windows from all desktops and if I select a window which is on another desktop as current the programm switches to the desktop which contains the window I selected.
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2007 at 9:43 PM
Isn't this what the switcher (Windows Key + Z) does?
Nov 3, 2007 at 12:33 PM
Yes, but when a window is behind another window I cannot see it in the switcher view.
I mean a function like the "show all windows" but for really all windows an not only for the current desktop.
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2007 at 2:57 PM
Oh, I see. Yes, I'll add that to the next release with a default keyboard shortcut of Windows Key + F10.
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Actually, I've decided that it makes much more sense to make "Show all Windows" simply show all windows on all desktops, since the name implies that and Alt-Tab/Win-Tab can be used for quicker switching anyway.