Run application on all desktops

Topics: How To, Problems
Oct 22, 2007 at 1:03 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2007 at 1:13 PM
Is there an option to run certain applications on all desktops? I use the PunkSoftware Rocketdock (http://www.punksoftware.com/rocketdock) on Vista (Home premium) and it is set to be on top of all applications (or else it disappears behind the desktop object). When I switch to a desktop other than #1, the dock appears to be in the background. Launching applications works fine, but the dock animations don't work.

I could run the RocketDock application in administrator mode, but that would launch every application in the Dock in Administrator mode too.

Great application by the way.
Nov 1, 2007 at 5:07 PM
I'd like to humbly beg you for this feature as well. I use Yahoo! Widgets (formerly Konfabulator) and am having problems where some of them show up on each virtual desktop, but others strangely do not. It would be so nice to have this application, and all the windows it spawns, appear across all desktops all the time. As it is now, it greatly takes away from my enjoyment of the virtual desktops.

Interested in hearing your thoughts on implementing a feature like this, and if others have found any workarounds for similar problems.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2007 at 9:16 PM
I will be adding this to next version, definitely. I have been planning this for a long time, but I just never got around to it.
Nov 1, 2007 at 10:26 PM
That's very exciting to hear. I look forward to it.
Aug 12, 2008 at 10:48 AM
Any news since November ? I realised that I could open some widgets in a specific desktop and they would appear there only but the ones refreshing will show in every desktop as soon as they refresh. Since I did not restart my PC lately, I cannot say however if the widgets will stay where they are after the next reboot.