VDM doesn't allow me to drag windows in full screen mode?

Topics: How To, Problems
Oct 30, 2007 at 6:06 PM
I checked all comments and can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm trying out the VDM on Windows XP machine and all windows are stuck in pane #1 and I can't figure out how to move windows to other panes? This works just fine on my Vista laptop but not on the XP machine and I'm really stumped.

Does anyone know a trick that I am missing? :)
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Hmm. The only thing I can think of is that you are running VVDM with a lower priviledge level than other programs. Other than that, I'm not sure.
Nov 5, 2007 at 10:33 PM

zhuman wrote:
Hmm. The only thing I can think of is that you are running VVDM with a lower priviledge level than other programs. Other than that, I'm not sure.

That's valid question in my book. :) I set up my Windows XP account as full admin, unless there is something I didn't know (that certain programs requires that I elevate the privileges)? How would I know whether the program is running at same privilege level?

Brent
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2007 at 4:26 PM
If you are in an XP admin account, then all of the applications that you start should also be running as an admin. By the way, I was assuming that you were talking about the switcher; is this correct? You can't drag them? If you are trying to send windows to other desktops using the keyboard shortcuts, then you'll have to go into the options and configure the "Send Window to Desktop X" keyboard shortcut to use Control and the Windows Key instead of using Shift. This is due to a typo I made in the default configuration file.
Nov 12, 2007 at 10:35 PM

zhuman wrote:
By the way, I was assuming that you were talking about the switcher; is this correct? You can't drag them?

Yeah. I was trying to drag applications in the switcher (it works fine in Vista but not in XP) and I guess it is not supported in the XP version. ;)

Brent
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2007 at 9:53 PM
No, you are supposed to be able to drag them. I'll go test it on an XP machine to see what's going on.
Jan 11, 2008 at 5:13 AM
Hi, I really like this project. I was using multiDesk 2001 beta before.
I am using XP professional 2002 with service pack 2. The drag drop between desktop is not working in Switcher. I have to use shortcut to do so.

Is it possible to show the current desktop number on the single trayicon?

Thanks a lot.

Wei
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2008 at 4:51 AM
Yes, it should work again in the next version. Also, yes, I can add an option to show the current desktop number.