A bit of streamlining?

Topics: Idea Requests
Aug 15, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Okay, maybe I'm missing something, but is there any way to change the Z-position of the mini toolbar? I Don't like using the "icon per desktop" option since it winds up adding so many tray icons, so I prefer to use the mini toolbar. However I can't stand that it seems permanently set to "always on top" with no way of changing it. No matter where I place it on the screen it always seems to be in the way of something. If it's not already there is there any chance you could add an "always on bottom" option for the mini toolbar?

Also is it possible to tweak the way hotkey switching works a bit. I'd like to see it work like alt-tab does: where you hold the alt key and each time you hit tab it selects another app, and when you release the alt key it automatically selects the one highlighted. I'd like to be able to use alt-space to bring up the switcher, then each time I tap space it highlights the next desktop, and when I release space have it select and jump to the highlighted desktop automoatically. It would be a lot more intuitive this way since it mimics an already exisiting and familiar Windows feature, and would also be a lot less cumbersome allowing for easier one handed switching as opposed to the current set-up where you have to hit enter every time you switch(I don't like using the arrow key switching since it requires removing one hand from the mouse, I'd like to be able to use only my left hand for better efficiency).

Aside from these gripes that I'd like to see fixed, I love the program, I've only been using it a couple days and it's fast becoming my favorite desktop manager that I've tried. Just a bit of interface streamlining and it'll be pretty much perfect for all intents and purposes.