Multiple displays

Topics: How To
Nov 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Hi,

Using nvidea driver I have configured my graphics card to dualview. This is required because I connected my TV to the PC to view some slide shows or movies. I have however one problem, the TV is located in another room than the PC. So if I want to start up something on the TV screen, I cannot see it when I'm in front of the PC. I thought that VDM could help me by defining 2 virtual desktops, one for the PC and one to be used on the PC. However I don't seem to be able to send a virtual desktop to the TV screen. All virtual desktops are only visible on the primary screen which is the PC.

Is there anyone who could help me attaching a virtual desktop to a secondary display? How is this done?

If I then want to do something on the TV screen, I can switch to this desktop and display it on the PC. Once done, I can switch it back to the TV display.

Al help is more than welcome.

Peter

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I am in the exact same situation.  Desktop and TV, TV in another room.  I have no way to launch an application, move it to the TV, then make it full screen.  I was hoping this work would for me.  Have a virtual desktop for each display, and be able to switch between them.

Thanks.