Discussions under Idea Requests

Sticky *windows* (not just programs)

first post: BradWaite wrote: Hi there! (Win7-64, Finestra 2.5.4501) I'm playing with Finestra a...

latest post: BradWaite wrote: Checking in again after another 6 months. ;) I know there are thou...

Adding Hot Corners

first post: vastunghia wrote: I love Finestra. I'm just wondering whether 'Hot Corners' are alre...

latest post: hardikguru wrote: Yes, I agree that this should be a feature.

Numpad Number&Position vs Desktop Number&Position

first post: Yggdracyril wrote: I find it wierd, that when i have 3x3 Desktops, that when I'm swit...

latest post: xemnosyst wrote: I would also like this functionality!

Is there anyway to change the icon setup on individual desktops?

first post: morganlefay23 wrote: When I delete or move icons from one desktop, I don't want that to ...

latest post: BeloSol wrote: Bump, on behalf of the original poster! Any progress on this? Thi...

backgrounds changing on one system, but only a purely white screen on the other...?

first post: stevae wrote: i have been using finestra virtual desktops for a while now, on my ...

latest post: escher7 wrote: I just came upon your software.(May 12, 2012) I get the same proble...

Grid or just a single Row/Column?

first post: drcheap wrote: The default setting is for 4 desktops, arranged as a logical 2x2 g...

Two requests (Outlook toaster and Hyper-V Manager)

first post: sakono wrote: Hi, I really like this tool!I have two requests. If they come true,...

latest post: surfasb wrote: Hyper V Manager is an admin privileges program. I bet if you run F...

Per desktop icons

first post: chocobo2k wrote: Thanks for the great program. I can now use it after the implementa...

latest post: emkeyen wrote: Hi. I'm just wondering if there is still some activity on the icons...

Switching to a desktop always chooses the wrong window to focus

first post: dkarr wrote: This evening I'm doing work in two desktops. I have the browser in...

latest post: voodoomsr wrote: @dkarr you are right. I'm using dexpot right know as you say the or...

Allow option to disable or speed up the "this is where you moved to" graphic

first post: dkarr wrote: The graphic that appears when I move to another workspace is nice a...

Real Desktops?

first post: joakimbits wrote: Would it be possible to integrate also multiple real desktops as na...

latest post: joakimbits wrote: Understood. Won't even condider trying ;-). Copy-paste and drag-and...

How about persistent thumbnail switcher in corner of window?

first post: dkarr wrote: After using Finestra for a couple of days, I think that if the bugs...

named desktops

first post: rjrizzuto wrote: I'd like to suggest adding the ability to name each desktop, i.e. i...

only one desktop is displaying (32bit vista)

first post: pissed wrote: Vista/XP Virtual Desktop Managerwhy only one desktop is displaying ...

latest post: xiaoxin wrote: Add to Favorites View Cart User louis vuitton purse Center shoppin...

Support for windows 7?

first post: promosrus wrote: Does this software run on windows 7?

latest post: r0lZ wrote: Runs fine on my Win7, however, the mini previews display only the a...

Moving virtual desktop between monitors

first post: holroy wrote: Hi,I haven't used VDM a very long time, but I'm still wondering abo...

on Virtual Desktop Manager I only see 4 desktops not 9?

first post: Aceshigh888 wrote: I notices it says in the description that you can get up to 9 or 10...

latest post: nugetcenter wrote: Right click on tray icon -> Click on Options lineit's on the first ...

Dual Monitors and VDM

first post: xcapepr wrote: Nice program first of all! I use dual monitors for web development ...

latest post: mchipguru wrote: I am extending my desktop onto a second monitor and I have to minim...

Categorization

first post: JCKodel wrote: Idea: An option to categorize applications: for example, I want eve...

Customization

first post: skdj wrote: First of all... Awsomeee work ppl!! Thx! Well my only request will...

Managing Extended Desktop using Vista/XP Desktop Manager

first post: jmsoule wrote: After installing Vista/XP Desktop Manager, I've noticed that the ap...

Need feature to list all windows (similar to Alt-Tab)

first post: lovek wrote: I just downloaded 0.9 version and am liking. It's a nice beginning....

latest post: cplager wrote: I am searching for a nice virtual desktop that allows the option of...

Icon Position

first post: northforce wrote: An additional nice feature would be a free arrangement of icons on ...

Taskbar show all running applications

first post: canyonr wrote: When you switch to another desktop the Taskbar only shows applicati...

Sticky windows within applications

first post: lsucybertyger wrote: I would like to see individual windows within applications to be ma...

latest post: lsucybertyger wrote: The MultiDesk software from Oban was able to allow "stickiness" at ...

Add Support for Multiple Monitors

first post: WorkSpacer wrote: Hello Please add Multi-Monitor support (2 monitors). Thanks i...

Please make the WorkSpaces in the Switcher (StartKey+Z) clickable!

first post: WorkSpacer wrote: Hello Within VDM, there is a feature called 'Switcher'. The hotk...

latest post: WorkSpacer wrote: Great, thanks. I'll be looking forward to the next release!

In preview (taskbar) please include desktop screenshot (seen in Desktop 1.0)

first post: WorkSpacer wrote: Hello Please add screenshot images instead of what it is current...

Vista Gadget for VDM - REQUEST

first post: WorkSpacer wrote: Hello Please create a Vista (& Windows 7) gadget for VDM. The...

Adding a program to Program Rules

first post: JamMasterClay wrote: I just installed VDM on my TabletPC running Windows 7 (build 7000)....

thanks - another feature?

first post: jrshan wrote: Thanks for Vista Virtual Desktop Manager - nice job. While the ...

latest post: Moelito wrote: Any progress on this one? A gadget would be very nice.

A few questions - Flip 3D support, multiple desktop save locations, mouse buttons

first post: KenjiUchimura wrote: Hello, first let me say thank you for the work that's been put i...

dragging windows?

first post: eeliottheking wrote: is it possible to drag windows from desktop to desktop like you can...

latest post: HPG wrote: Hmm. DeskSpace has this, and I found myself switching it offeventua...

Automatically switch virtual desktops

first post: TMitchell wrote: We have setup a PC/display to monitor various processes on our netw...

latest post: HPG wrote: Oops -- posted a reply to the wrong message. Sorry!

What would you call this?

first post: CodePlexPerson wrote: I'd like a feature that shuts VDM down when you open a certain prog...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Rather than closing and reopening VVDM every time you play, just ri...

Application needs attention (IM, skype, msn)

first post: amewsaj wrote: Applications used for instant messages like skype and msn shows up ...

A bit of streamlining?

first post: thebullfrog wrote: Okay, maybe I'm missing something, but is there any way to change t...

move window to desktop option in context menu

first post: scyang wrote: In GNOME, there was an option in the context menu (which presented ...

latest post: scyang wrote: yeah, the same thing happens for me.

Crashes in Vista

first post: jtjrmv wrote: Version 0.9.1.0 is crashing 2-3 times per day. I use the Virtual M...

Switch Between Display

first post: khundeen wrote: Hi, I would like to be able to switch desktop of primary and e...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Haha, I'll make it configurable in the next version.

Toolbar docking

first post: Jason404 wrote: It would be nice if the Toolbar can be docked onto the Taskbar, lik...

latest post: Jason404 wrote: Is there a problem with Vista/XP Virtual Dresktops and having diffe...

Hot Keys

first post: bluknight wrote: I am having a lot of issues with the hot keys already being taken. ...

latest post: ThomasAO wrote: choco, I'll try to do that asap, but I'm currently pretty busy; so ...

Mouse Hotkeys?

first post: greenteagod wrote: I use a 5 button mouse on my Mac, and would love to be able to ass...

Desktop-switching hotkeys

first post: MichaelJ77 wrote: I love this product, but I wish you would let users define a more s...

latest post: ThomasAO wrote: Have look at this thread as well.

Idea : Use mouse gestures to switch between desktops

first post: blahetal wrote: Hi, the title of this thread explains everything :) Like in Ope...

Disable hotkeys over a remote connection

first post: nori wrote: Hi, I use win2vnc to control a remote computer. It would be gr...

latest post: zhuman wrote: If you exit VVDM on the remote computer, it allows you to use the h...

For Future Releases...

first post: maclac wrote: ...any chance of seperate desktop wallpapers for the different dt's...

latest post: zhuman wrote: After investigating performance, I think that it would be much too ...

Per-Desktop Shortcuts

first post: theSeraph wrote: Neat piece of software, works pretty well. One suggestion I have...

Switcher Named Windows

first post: kwlandry wrote: Folks, Really, really like the application, thanks for making it ...

latest post: kwlandry wrote: zhuman, Thanks, looking forward to 0.9. Also, the mini toolbar is...

Start an application on desktop X

first post: asdiomar wrote: I think it would be cool to have some way to start an application o...

latest post: nori wrote: zhuman wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I have added a new fe...

Multiple Desktops

first post: ShlomoAbraham wrote: Is there anyway to get more than one desktop running at a time? Kin...

latest post: ShlomoAbraham wrote: Basically, yeah. If I have say a 22-inch monitor, is there anyway ...

Desktops as Application Sets

first post: kwlandry wrote: Folks, Really like the app, nice job and thanks for providing it....

latest post: zhuman wrote: I'm adding a new ability to VVDM that would allow this. You will be...

request: focus top window after switching desktops

first post: jpage4500 wrote: Hi, Like the subj says, when I switch desktops using the keyboa...

latest post: zhuman wrote: This has been added for the next version. Thanks for the suggestion.

Desktop icons/files

first post: invictus26 wrote: I would like the ability to have a different set of icons, files, s...

latest post: AcidicMind wrote: I agree with invictus26. A great addition to this already useful ap...

Task/windows list or notification

first post: CavRob wrote: First of all, hat off for the great efforts. Two suggestions: ...

off-topic: Split desktop?

first post: jo2007 wrote: Hi, while I was looking for a software to split my desktop into...

Send Window to Desktop via Window Title Bar

first post: BillBurke wrote: Send Window to Desktop should be integrated into the "Title Bar" of...

Automatic Desktop Switching/Cycling

first post: gregpond wrote: Does anyone know if it is possible to get VDM to automatically cycl...

Process spawned from process in inactived desktop

first post: chuancong wrote: I often run some script that spawns many command window in runtime,...

Desktop Background and Toolbar request

first post: aznwarrior121 wrote: Firstly, I love your great program especially the fixed desktop bac...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Yes, I am working on that for the next version. Sorry for not getti...

TRAY ICONS (Vista/XP Virtual Desktop)

first post: PCLinux wrote: I very much like this program, which is very elegant and efficient ...

Minimize specific applications before switching virtual desktop

first post: LucasD wrote: Some applications (like Photoshop and Illustrator) don't hide on ot...

latest post: zhuman wrote: I've been looking for a fix for this. Thanks for the suggestion!

0.6 RC - 0.7 RC - FireFox on two desks

first post: SwissSteph wrote: Hello, I have (for exemple) FireFox running on "Desktop 1", and...

latest post: Ney wrote: I currently run Opera in a desktop for itself. And when I click lin...

A way to know if a desktop is being used or not

first post: Hkauf wrote: I would like to know if you can implement some way to know that I ...

Memory in desktops...?

first post: salvador5013 wrote: I just downloaded the latest version, and I haven't figured out if ...

latest post: zhuman wrote: I will look into getting this type of function to work, but I can't...

0.7 RC ?

first post: SwissSteph wrote: When is planned release 0.7 RC? ........................... Or 1.0....

latest post: zhuman wrote: It's taken a while to release because of an issue I wanted to clear...

Please make Hotkey assignment more flexible

first post: AndreasW wrote: Please make Hotkey assignment more flexible. I would like to use F9...

latest post: zhuman wrote: I will be adding a new hotkey manager to 0.8 or 0.9 that will allow...

Desktop Names

first post: R2D2 wrote: Would like to see next version/RC have following features : (...

Administrative applications

first post: sb_gorthi wrote: I run eclipse in Administrator mode because my server etc. are in t...

latest post: sb_gorthi wrote: zhuman wrote: What language do you use Eclipse for (just out of...

Expose for all Desktops

first post: bernhardengelmaie wrote: I think a hotkey where I see all windows from all desktops is a gre...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Actually, I've decided that it makes much more sense to make "Show ...

Multiple Live Previews

first post: cbmlogix wrote: Hi All, I'm Using version 0.6....Great tool, can only find one iss...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Does PC Anywhere cause Vista to jump out of Aero mode? If so, that ...

Ability to move windows between desktops from within preview palette?

first post: LANjackal wrote: First of all, thanks for the great software, it works very well. ...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Although this probably won't make it into the next release, I will ...

Sound from Vista Media Center

first post: fraaanz wrote: I'd like to have sound from my TV card on Vista Media Center on eve...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Unfortunately, it looks like this is a media center "issue". I don'...

a couple of suggestions

first post: tompakay wrote: When showing one thay icon per desktop the order of the icons is th...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Ok, I just fixed this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Raise desktop selection "palette"?

first post: LANjackal wrote: First of all guys, congratulations on such a great app. It's a LOT ...

latest post: LANjackal wrote: 1 & 2 - Yes, I have it set to Auto-Hide. Changing that allowed acce...

Expose Features

first post: zhuman wrote: The next version will contain some "expose" like features. If you d...

latest post: blackdog489 wrote: What expose has (which is really useful) is: F9 means see all w...

[Patch] Send to desktop hotkeys

first post: miracle2k wrote: After switching from Dexpot, which has issues on Vista, I missed th...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Thanks for your contribution. I'll get everything into the source t...

Feature requests etc

first post: chillindog wrote: Hi, seems good so far... I had a quick glance through other commnet...

latest post: SwissSteph wrote: For my “request” concerning the “hotkeys” a very good example is th...

Sidebar Gadget

first post: maclac wrote: Might suond a bit leftfield but is it possible for you to create a...

latest post: maclac wrote: zhuman wrote: I'd actually thought about doing this. I'll have ...

Great replacement for the old powertoy VDM

first post: pauljcannon wrote: I demo software for a living and often have multiple items open on ...

latest post: zhuman wrote: When the switcher opens, it is supposed to take the focus, so you s...

Fantastic! but...

first post: honkfrog wrote: Would it be possible to make the hotkeys configurable? Many laptops...

latest post: zhuman wrote: Configurable hotkeys will be in the next release. Send to... menus ...

Great Application

first post: shaven wrote: This application is the best. I was really worried that I wouldn't ...

latest post: shaven wrote: That would be great. Thanks for quick response. Stac...

• 1-82 of 82 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next