Vista provides developers with the new DWM based aero interface. A new set of thumbnail API's can be used to access some of this new technology. This virtual desktop program takes advantage of this new API and uses some tricks of its own to provide a powerful virtual desktop manager with a full screen thumbnail based preview. You can have as many desktops as you want and can seamlessly switch between them.
But wait! What if you still are using XP? Don't worry, Vista/XP Virtual Desktops provides support for XP as well, although window previews are not live since XP doesn't have DWM.
Vista Virtual Desktops is managed by Z-Systems
. The Z-Systems website also has a Vista Virtual Desktop
Cannot resolve macro, invalid parameter 'input'.
- Full screen desktop/window manager/preview with full drag and drop managing
- Desktop switch indicator
- An infinite number of desktops
- Watch the windows move in real time as you drag them around in the window manager
- Multiple monitor support
- Window menus
- Tray icons for each desktop
- Per-desktop backgrounds
- Configurable colors, fade speeds, hotkeys, etc.
- Uses Vista's live thumbnails
- XP support
- And much more!
- Roadmap/Change Log
- The Hack
Default Shortcut Reference
- Windows Key + Z - Show the fullscreen "switcher"
- Windows Key + W - Pop up the window menu for the active window
- Windows Key + Numpad 1...9 - Switch to the corresponding desktop, if it exists
- Windows Key + Arrow Keys - Move to the corresponding desktop
- Windows Key Control Numpad 1...9 - Send the foreground window to the corresponding desktop
Current Release - 0.5
The fourth release, 0.5, is marked as a release candidate version. This means that it is almost "production quality". Feel free to download it and test it out for yourself. If you notice any bugs, please post them on the issure tracker section of this site. Any feature requests can be posted either in the issue tracker or in the discussion forum.