awesome program (a couple of suggestions)

Jul 16, 2007 at 5:56 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Hey man just wanted to let you know this program is great, thanks so much for putting it out there. I have a couple of question/suggestions for you...

1) Moving windows around in the Win + Z seems a bit buggy at times (now that I'm trying to recreate the problem, it's working fine, of course). Just sometimes the sizing is odd and the preview doesn't reflect the end result.

2) Is there any "run on startup" command?

And most of all,
3) The Win + direction keypad is the most efficient way of getting around the desktops, but I'm confused as to why you've designed it with only two directions and not four, i.e. 'forward' (right/down) and 'backward' (left/up). I would love to be able to go from desktop one to desktop three by pressing just down, and from 1 to 4 by pressing down and right. Is there any way you can make this dual-directional kind of switch possible (at least with a four-desktop setup)?

Congrats on the great program, man. I'm eager to see the next iteration (especially if it has my third suggestion in it!).

Thanks.

Edit:

P.S. One more thing. Is there any way you could enable the program so that you could switch virtual desktops around. Aka if you wanted to put desktop 3 where desktop 1 is you could just drag it in the switcher? That would be great.
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2007 at 2:20 AM
1) Yeah, Vista sometimes make thumbnails appear smaller than they really are. I have been playing around with different ways of fixing that for a future version.

2) By default, a shortcut is installed in your start menu's startup folder, so it should start automatically. I'll be adding an option in the options dialog in the next version.

3) You're right. I'll definitely be putting that into the next version. I'm still not sure why I didn't do that from the beginning.

P.S.) You can almost do this. If you enable "One tray icon for each desktop", the context menus for the icons allow you to send all windows on your current desktop to the icon's desktop, and vice versa. I'll be adding this into the switcher for the next version.

Thanks for the suggestions.