Like Ubuntu

Topics: How To
Dec 12, 2007 at 3:24 PM
Hello,
I like the feature from Ubuntu when you stay on the desktop #1 you can scroll to the other desktop #2. It's a very nice modification. The switching function in the tray menu is okay, but it is not so good as by Ubuntu you cann see the previw off this desktop as the Icon. I wish me this to function and a Symbolbar for the diffenrent Desktops and not so in disorderin the tray menu.

Greets, Pyth0n

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I come from Europe. ;)
Feb 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM
First, this is a great application for Vista; it seems uncomplicated and it works.

I agree with Pyth0n. I have been bouncing back and forth from Ubuntu and Vista and love the linux/compiz desktop. So, desktop switching with the mouse wheel would be great. This is activated when only when the desktop background is active as opposed to an application window. So, for instance, a webpage would scroll if the browser is active. Click on the background and the wheel can switch desktops. I don't know if that property is available in the windows architecture. I would also like to see corner hot spots for the all window expose where I can drag apps to different desktops.

I guess its all about controlling the desktops with the mouse only.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the great work,
h3hound