Switcher Named Windows

Topics: Idea Requests
Mar 12, 2008 at 4:19 PM
Folks,
Really, really like the application, thanks for making it available.

I would very much like to see the ability to Name each virtual desktop that I create so that "Desktop 1", "Desktop 2", etc..., are not the only titles that are possible. This is a speed and accuracy issue as I don't want to have to double check every time I'm working among multiple projects that I am in the right desktop and where I need to send applications when I'm organizing my work. Titles such as "Windsor Project", "Daily Grind", "Corporate Crap" and other descriptive titles can really improve speed and accuracy in the work flow.

Having the systray icon reflect which desktop is active would also be helpful, I know I can hover and get that info, but a quick visual check is much faster than a mouse navigation and second nature rather than considered effort.

Thanks again for making and improving such a great app,
K. W. Landry
Apr 6, 2008 at 6:30 PM
I keep meaning to add this feature, but have not yet gotten around to it. I would certainly expect it by version 1.0, so it might make it into the next version. Also, let me know what you think of the new mini-toolbar in the latest version since it serves to answer your second request. It tells you the current desktop at a glance and so should be a good solution.
May 12, 2008 at 2:28 AM
This has been added to the next release (0.9). You can expect it quite soon.
May 12, 2008 at 4:46 PM
zhuman,
Thanks, looking forward to 0.9. Also, the mini toolbar is quite nice, I like it and it will help to see quickly which desktop is current. I am having an issue in this current version with a "ghost" image of the much larger desktop layout screen showing up, not going away and hiding useful info I need on other windows so I've disabled VDM from starting for now but will reactivate it with 0.9 release.

Thanks,

KWL