When I open urls in MIRC FireFox moves to the same desktop as MIRC

Topics: How To, Problems
Apr 14, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2008 at 12:48 PM
First I wanna say that I really like this simple and fast program and I want to thank the author for this :)

My problem is that I have MIRC with its windows on one desktop and FireFox on another and when I open URLs in MIRC, FireFox moves to the same desktop as MIRC.

I have checked the options and help but didnt find anything. Is is a known problem or can I get it to work today?

EDIT: another thing, I use ALTTAB all the time to switch between programs, is there a way to get all the programs up on ALTTAB and not just the ones in the current desktops? And get Virtual Desktop to automaticly switch to that desktop when you choose the program that isnt in the current desktop?

EDIT2: Just found out that Foobar2000 8.3 always move to the current desktop when I use the hotkeys for it to edit the playlist. Way to fix this?
Coordinator
May 6, 2008 at 11:05 PM
I have added a new feature to the next release that allows you to create program rules that lock any program to a specific desktop. Desktops will also be named now, so you could create a desktop called "Chats" and lock MIRC to it. You could have another desktop called "Internet" and lock Firefox into it. Then, the windows will stay put and you will receive a small balloon notification whenever a new window opens on another desktop. This will be in the next release, 0.9.

For your second request, I cannot think of any good way to put the programs in the Alt-Tab dialog. It would require having access to Window's Alt-Tab dialog, so I don't think it's really possible to do cleanly.

For your third request, I believe the new feature that solves your first request would also solve your third request if you simply make another rule for Foobar.

Once again, this feature will be in the very next release, which I plan to release as soon as it is feature complete and stable.
May 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Thank you for the reply :)

The new feature sounds great!

Ive learned how to solve the foobar problem, as long as I dont have the foobar window selected when I switch desktop foobar stays in the desktop I want :)