backgrounds changing on one system, but only a purely white screen on the other...?

Topics: How To, Idea Requests, Problems
Dec 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2011 at 10:37 PM

i have been using finestra virtual desktops for a while now, on my older laptop, which is a hp pavillion dv7. it runs perfectly on my edition of win 7 ult. now i have purchased a new laptop, an asus g74sx, and i am running the exact same win 7 ult os, but when i load finestra, i get a white background only. on my hp, i use eight virtual desktops, and i have my background pic in my os set to change every 30 sec's, which displays my photography. no matter which desktop i am on in the hp, the backgrounds change on time and as they are supposed to. i don't care about having a different background for each desktop, as i know which one i'm in by what is open, and by the switcher. i like having eight of the exact same desktops. my need is the space, not to change how i have my system set up. but on the asus, i get no background. just a white screen. this doesn't make any sense to me, as i am not running any different software from my hp machine. the only real difference is that i have a much nicer video card in my new asus, the nvidia 560m. both are running the 2.1 v of finestra. any help or ideas would be extremely appreciated. thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Are you saying that Finestra changes your background to white, even with the per-desktop wallpaper checkbox unchecked? It shouldn't ever try to touch your wallpaper when that is unchecked.

May 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I just came upon your software.(May 12, 2012) I get the same problem occasionally when shifting back to my browser from another screen. White screen which goes away when I refresh the browser from the bar. I have all the boxes unchecked.