Need feature to list all windows (similar to Alt-Tab)

Topics: Idea Requests
Jun 2, 2008 at 4:21 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2008 at 2:40 AM
I just downloaded 0.9 version and am liking. It's a nice beginning.

One future feature that would be extremely helpful would be some way to jump between specific applications on diff desktops.

Yes, I know for most adv users, you know exactly which apps are running in which desktop. However as opposed to switching desktops and then switching to the app of choice, I'd like to jump directly between apps on different desktops.

To do this it would be helpful to have the ability to list *all* apps on the taskbar and/or ALT-TAB, or alternatively middle-mouse click the desktop for a drop-down box of all currently running apps on all desktops. -- Then when selected switch to the desktop with the app and raise the focus of the selected app.

I also understand this is a non-trivial feature, but it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Doug

Edit1: Perhaps instead of altering ALT+TAB, a whole new menu could be created activated by some diff key combo (ex. ALT+Space) that would have a top-down list of all apps per each desktop. And with this new menu the user could select the app (or desktop) of choice.

For ex:
 Desktop 1
    App1
 Desktop 2
    App2
    App3
 Desktop 3
 Desktop 4
   App 4
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2008 at 10:52 PM
I concur. I might be able to work this into the release after next (probably 1.1), but rest assured that I will add it.
Jul 11, 2009 at 1:27 AM

I am searching for a nice virtual desktop that allows the option of _not_ hiding the applications on other desktops so that I can switch to applications on other desktops using atl-tab.  Any luck implementing this?  Thanks!  Charles