What's going on?

Topics: Problems
Jun 23, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2008 at 1:17 PM

I don't want to bother anybody, but this is such a nice project and it looks like it's stopped since more than a month. If you don't have the time to keep up– do you need any assistance?

I'd be very unhappy if this project would die slowly. And I guess many others agree as well.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:12 PM
I also would be very disapointed to see this project be dropped as I depend on it daily. I agree that a quick status - been busy, working on issues... etc. would be great! I would hate to have to find a replacement - wait there is none - keep up the great work please...
Jun 25, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Me too. All thumbs up !!!! There is no other software like Virtual Desktop Manager !!!!!!! Thanks a lot again for this great program.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2008 at 4:46 PM
You don't need to worry. I'm still here and alive. I was busy with final exams in the last month and have been working on other project in the last two weeks. However, I promise to get another release out soon. I was working with someone via email to implement a better window menu that actually uses system menus.

On the other hand, if anyone has something to contribute to the project, don't be shy. I normally spend a few weeks solely on other projects, and then churn out a new VVDM release in a single weekend when I get the time. If I were to work on VVDM all the time, it would be well past 0.9 by now.
Jul 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM
The shadows remaining is very bad and vvd is crashing more with .9 than any other version so far :(

Is there a road map or any kind of release schedule... ? This was my productivity edge but its becoming a hindrance. I come here week after week hoping for a patch to this once specific issue but nothing (I know what do I expect for free/beta... but your filling a need here, its just falling short of my hopes.)

Being a programmer myself I know that life sometimes takes precedence and I wish I knew anything about this code base to lend a hand, but my experience is in client/server, not desktop.

How long would it take to fix the shadows bug, its probably just a regression ? Please I beg of thee, desperation ensues!
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2008 at 3:14 PM
I have added logic to only hide shadows and not to ever show them on a desktop switch. It should work with all standard system shadows (ex. used for tooltips, Messenger, and the start menu). If you still have any problems, let me know. I also fixed per-desktop backgrounds.