Switch Between Display

Topics: Idea Requests
Jul 2, 2008 at 5:01 AM
Hi,

I would like to be able to switch desktop of primary and extend display.  Here is the reason why it is useful.  I have read about how to position desktop.  It is good to have one directly at you and another one on the side, so that we don't need to turn our neck to use it.

I often have to move window from the extended display to the primary if I want to spend more time on it (eg, type document, read emails).  I would love to be able to switch the desktop on extended to the primary when needed.  If there are more than two displays, the logic will be similar to how to virtual desktop.

I believe that this feature should complement the virtual desktop feature that is already available.  This way we can have two dimention navigation.  1) between displays, 2) between virtual desktop.

-- Deen
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Try pressing Control + Windows Key + S. If you just have the two monitors connected and they are the same or close in resolution, it should cause your windows to switch between monitors. This was an undocumented keystroke I added at an individual's request. I may document it in a future version and make it configurable.
Jul 14, 2008 at 4:53 AM

Thanks so much, this is very nice.  It is great.  I was thinking about function for each windows but what you have does the trick.  Ctrl + Windows + S is a bit hard to press.  It make me feel like a pianist :). 

-- Deen
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Haha, I'll make it configurable in the next version.