VDM switcher does not always display

Topics: Problems
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:30 AM
After using the VDM for a couple of weeks, the switcher has begun to act strangely.  When activated, it will not display the 9 desktops on all my monitors. Instead it will display the desktop previews for 2 or 3 of the monitors.  (I currently have 4 monitors on my machine.)  In the last couple of days, the switcher fails to display anything; however, it is still working.  I can pretend to see windows and drag them to where the switcher would have displayed the preview of a desktop on the monitor.   I do see the windows blink when I activate the switcher. Note: I am using Windows Server 2008. 
Jan 13, 2009 at 8:08 PM
I found the problem.  My computer gets its Microsoft updates from my IT department on campus.  My computer had been updated but not yet reboot.  When I reboot my machine, the problem went away.
Feb 16, 2009 at 2:10 AM
Well, I thought I had found the problem.  However, the longer I run my system, the more often this problem occurs.  After several days of a reboot, the switcher will begin to fail to show the desktops on a monitor.  Then, a few days later, it will fail to show the desktops on two of the monitors.  After awhile, the switcher fails to show the desktops of any monitor.  (I have 4 monitors on my system.)  Rebooting clears the problem, but it will creep up upon me over time.